Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ipconfig/all....if you understand that, then please help?

ok, so, I just asked a question as to where to locate my tcp/ip info. Well, I was able to find it through the ';cmd'; thing, but now I need to know how to change something about my tcp/ip. More specifically, I need to know how to Enable IP routing.





In case anyone is wondering (or would like more insight)-I'm attempting to get my PS2 online through my laptop, and I have gotten it connected to the point where the DNAS thing starts running-but then it stops, and I figure it has something to do with the fact that my connection says the CAT5 crossover wire is unplugged (when I know damn well it is plugged on both ends perfectly fine). So I clicked the repair button, but a notice comes up saying I have to change the TCP/IP settings. So after I got the tip to go into the ';cmd'; and entered in ';ipconfig/all'; I looked to see what might need to be changed and the only thing I can figure needs to be changed in order to repair the connection is that the routing needs to be enabled.





Well, that's all of the information I can give you, so any help would be great.








And please don't tell me it's easier to change my IP stuff by right-clicking on my connections, cuz for whatever reason, the Internet Protocol button simply doesnt show up. I have no choice but to change it through the ';cmd'; thing.Ipconfig/all....if you understand that, then please help?
go here and look what i found for you. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315236Ipconfig/all....if you understand that, then please help?
tcp/ip protocol will show up!!! you just need to chill out and look for it! its in the drop down list that pops up when you right click on your network connection and click status then properties. scroll all the way down the list...you'll see it at the bottom.
If the internet protocol line doesn't show up when you Right click on the connection and select properties, you are going to have to install it. Use the little install button, then click protocols. Good Luck.
If it says that you cable is unplugged, you might not really have a crossover cable, you may have a straight cable instead.
Make sure your wireless is the only one enabled and type these commands in that order:





ipconfig /release


ipconfig /renew





It'll get what it needs from the router again.
I quote ';CAT5 crossover wire is unplugged';


are you in FACT USING a crossover wire... it is not just a cat5 patch cable it has 2 wires crossed on one side (usually the Orange and Green)

No comments:

Post a Comment