Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I change my wireless internet connection to an Ethernet connection using my computer?

I use a wireless card to connect my desktop to the internet. I Also want to connect my ps2 in the same room to the internet. The router is to far away for it to be practical running a lan cable from it to the ps2. I am currently able to get one of my ps2 games online using ics on Windows XP and an extra lan card on the desktop but the other 2 games won't work. I know ics is not ideal for this and even with the Windows firewall off most of the ports the games use are blocked. My question is are there any programs that will fix this or better yet is there any boot disc that I can start my computer with (something linux based) that will make my computer a pass through using my wireless card and lan card? Then when I'm done pop the disk out, reboot, and start windows normally? Both cards are Realtek based, the wireless is an rtl8180 and the lan is a rtl8139c. Any ideas?How can I change my wireless internet connection to an Ethernet connection using my computer?
The easiest way would probably be to relocate your router. Other than that, it wont be easy without switching to linux on your desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment