Friday, August 20, 2010

Should i get a ps3 60gb or ps3 120gb?

I like the black finish of the 60gb, the memory card slots, the four usb ports (I know everybody says that it is a fingerprint magnet but seriously, how often do you think I'm going to be putting my hands all over it) and i like the touch sensitive buttons. I don't care about memory because if I get the 60gb I would replace the hard drive so that I don't have somebody else's stuff on it. I like that the ps3 slim is smaller and uses less energy. If I get the ps3 120gb I would get a ps2 with it so that I can play ps2 games (I used to have a ps2, but then I had to return it) but I like that with the 60gb ps3 i don't have separate accessories and you can use the wi-fi to play ps2 games online. Which should I get?Should i get a ps3 60gb or ps3 120gb?
If you can get a 60GB PlayStation 3 for about the same price or less, I'd go for it. However, you would have to take more care of that than if you were to keep a 120GB ';Slim';. Original 60GB PS3's are more likely to get the error known as YLOD than the newer ones, although it's rare no matter what model.





PS: @RexInFX - Just to clear things up, you can upgrade the HDD of any PlayStation 3 to 500GB internally, and even 1TB (1 Terabyte or 1,000GB) externally.Should i get a ps3 60gb or ps3 120gb?
go with the new ps3 slim.. the older ps3's like the 60gb with backwards compatibilities are most likely to YLoD (Yellow light of death) and the gloss is a PiTA to take care of.. it will get dusty with in a hour no matter how clean your house is.. and for the memory card slots they are not really needed for anything.. also once you get a ps3 you wont be playing ps2 games i was the same way then i stopped playing them once i got a few games for ps3
I would say get the 60Gb model for the following reasons:





1. you can upgrade the HDD up to 500Gb (make sure its 5400RPM and there's also lots of tutorials on how to change the HDD in google)





2. backwards compatibility





3. if you're a collector like me, then you would appreciate the rarity of the 60Gb console





4. in terms of saving power, as long as you unplug it each time you're finished playing then there's no problem there





Hope this helps :)
If you can get a 60gb NTSC ps3 for a decent price, do it. But take good care of it, don't let it get dusty, and don't use it at above room temperature.





Someday the 60 is gonna be an expensive collector's item.
I like the older one personally, I upgraded my hard drive and I have the backwards compatibility built in. If you only play PS3 games or you plan to travel with, I'd say the new one, otherwise stick with the older.
Sounds like you need the 60GB more.
Get the PS3 60 gig, it looks better and you wont really be able to use up 60 gig
get a ps3 slim 120gb- Reasons why:


1. It's slimmer


2. It's lighter


3. It is not a fingerprint magnet


4. it's eco-friendly- will save you money(uses less power)


4. It's the newest model of the ps3(every newer model of an electronic should be better by far!)


5. It can sync with any Sony Bravia TV


6.It's faster than all previous models(new processor- Cell 6 Core Processor)


7.It has all the same features as all other ps3's


8. It doesn't have power switch on the back, which means you don't have to flip it on for it to turn on- it turns on the second you plug it in


9. It's more quiet- it uses less fans


10. Using less power and less fans balances out to be a lot less hot than other ps3 models after an hour of playing on it


11. smaller(takes up less space)


12. It's the most popular ps3(high in sales)


13. It's the only ps3 in stores right now


14. it has easier hard drive access


15. upgraded ps3 icon


16. upgraded menu


17. upgraded menu sound


18. New, more advanced HDMI 1.3 chipset


19. It's making Sony more popular


20. More people are buying ps3's than ever before


21. The ps3 120gb is the greatest electronic and video game system to date!!!!





P.S. Please subscribe to my youtube channel, 96TennisAce. Do you have a youtube channel? If so, what is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment