Friday, August 20, 2010

My PS2 is connected to my notebook via an Ethernet cable. How do I get it online?

I have a wireless network, and I have shared the wireless card thinking that my PS2 could use that to access the router which is connected to the Web.


Are there any other ways to connect my PS2 to the Web wirelessly or with little wiring as possible? Wiring the PS2 to the router is not an option: the router's downstairs and the PS2 is upstairs.





Thanks in advance.


Need more info? Just ask!





AndrewMy PS2 is connected to my notebook via an Ethernet cable. How do I get it online?
u either need 2 get the wireless network adapter for the PS2 or bring the cable modem upstairs.My PS2 is connected to my notebook via an Ethernet cable. How do I get it online?
I've tried sharing my WiFi card by using an ICS tutorial I found on the Web, and then I ran an Ethernet cable between the notebook's LAN port and the network port on the PS2. That didn't work so I tried a different Ethernet cable - and that didn't work either.





Can someone give me a step-by-step tutorial for sharing my WiFi card's connection with my ps2? I'm tech-literate, so I don't need stuff really dumbed down.!!
Options:





1. If you want to have PS2 connect wirelessly, you need a special adaptor for it, which is $$$$


http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getpr鈥?/a>





2. You can put your PS2 next to your router and have little spaghetti wiring





3. You can take your wireless laptop (keep it on), put a cable between your ethernet port on laptop and the one on PS2, and ';share the network'; which I think is what you're doing.





So I guess the only new thing I mentioned here is option No.1








Hope this helps.





Mahurshi Akilla

No comments:

Post a Comment